The Anchorage School Parent Orientation sessions have been scheduled for August 13, 2019. These sessions are designed for teachers and parents to have dialogue for the success of our students in each classroom. A schedule of grade-level meetings is listed below.
It is also important for parents to visit the cafeteria on orientation day between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm m to fill out all school-related paperwork and pay associated dues. Parents should allow at least one hour for the cafeteria visit. Many parents try to plan their visit around the classroom orientation meetings, but please keep in mind that if you have a child in 5th grade you should plan to visit the cafeteria prior to meeting with teachers. Childcare for school-aged children will be available in the school auditorium from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm.
- 6th/7th/8th grade – 8:30-9:45, Auditorium, Team member introductions and Chromebook distribution instructions (Students must attend if it is their first time receiving a Chromebook from the school). Returning 7th – 8th grade parents will be dismissed from here at approximately 9:00 a.m. while 6th grade parents and students and new 7th grade parents and students will receive mandatory Chromebook training.
- K – 10:00-10:45, rooms, 211 and 212
- 1st – 10:45-11:30, rooms 214 and 215
- 2nd – 10:45-11:30, rooms 112,123,125
- 3rd – 11:30-12:15, rooms 121 and 124
- 4th – 11:30-12:15 rooms 221, 228, 229
- 5th – 12:15-1:00, rooms 223,225,227
6th – 8th grade 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Teachers will be available to meet and greet, accommodate supply drop off or just to show parents and students the classroom. Students are welcome to come meet their teachers. You may visit outside of this window but the teacher may have other commitments and not be available outside of this time slot.
Optional Technology Training for Parents 10:00 a.m. – Computer Lab 204 (Infinite Campus setup, PikMyKid setup, and general technology overview).
Optional Tech. Training for Parents (Repeat of earlier session) 11:00 a.m. – Computer Lab 204 (Infinite Campus setup, PikMyKid setup, and general technology overview).