Collecting Student Possessions
With the suspension of face-to-face instruction for the rest of the school year, students will not be returning to the building to retrieve personal items. However, we have a pick-up plan in place so parents may retrieve student possessions including: contents of desks, cubbies and lockers; art work; end of the year certificates from the social media awards ceremony and items claimed from Lost and Found.
8th Grade May 5 (while at school for the presentation of their diploma).
K – 7th Grade Collect items from 8:00 am- 4:00 pm on the assigned date:
A-B May 20
C-I May 21
J-M May 22
N-R May 26
S-Z May 27
Parents picking up possessions should follow this process:
- Drive up to the front of the school. Do not enter the Drop-Off Zone until it is clear of other vehicles.
- Sound horn when in the Drop-Off zone.
- Communicate the names of the students whose possessions you will be retrieving to the staff member responding.
- Open the vehicle or trunk.
- Allow the staff member to place the possessions in the vehicle.
If you are not able to pick-up items during your assigned window, please email Judy Link at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements.
Yearbooks will not be available for pick-up as the printing has been delayed due to the printer being closed. They will be delivered to homes once they have been received from the printer.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found items that are claimed by the link mentioned in the above article will be included with other personal items that remain in the school building.
Returning School Resources
Books: textbook & library
- 8th Grade:
Students who have school resources that need to be returned to school (textbooks, library books, art supplies), may do so on the day they are dropping Chromebooks off at school (see below).
- K – 7th Grade:
If your student has any school resources that need to be returned to school (textbooks, library books, art supplies), please do so after picking up your student’s belongings (May 20 – 27). A drop-off bin will be available for each grade level, as well as the library, in front of the Anchorage Board Office. Simply pull around from the Drop Off Zone and place those items in the appropriate bin.
Chromebooks (chargers & case-if it is school property)
- 8th graders whose devices were purchased must return those to school on Thursday, May 28, in order that they may be removed from the Anchorage School domain. Please use the Sign-Up Genius to schedule a return appointment. Once the tech staff completes the removal process, an email will go out to parents that the device is available for pickup at their convenience. (If you are unsure if you have purchased or rented the device, contact email@example.com.)
- 8th graders whose devices are rented must return the device, charger, and school case to the school on Tuesday, June 2. Please use the Sign-Up Genius to schedule a return appointment. (If you are unsure if you have purchased or rented the device, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- 6th & 7th grade renters may choose to keep their rented devices for use over the summer or may choose to return them to school. Those returning rented devices will return the device, charger, and school case on Wednesday, June 3 and must schedule a return appointment by selecting a time on the Sign-Up Genius.
- K – 5th graders who borrowed a Chromebook (or other device) and will be returning to school in the fall, may choose to keep the borrowed device for use over the summer or choose to return the device and charger to school. Those returning devices to school will do so on Thursday, June 4 and must schedule a return appointment by selecting an appointment time on the Sign-Up Geniu
- K – 5th graders whose families will be moving over the summer are asked to return their Chromebooks to the district office by Friday, June 5. They may drop by from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. any weekday at their convenience.