We are happy to share that our student athletes will have an opportunity to practice with teammates beginning this week under KHSAA’s Segment 3 Guidance (pods of 10, voluntary participation, social distancing, sanitizing, wellness screening, etc.). These procedures were in place over the summer and their use has received prior approval from our local school board.
Prior to your child participating in the first practice, the following steps must be completed:
1. REGISTER VIA TEAMSNAP>> https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/230200
2. PAY YOUR PARTICIPATION FEE VIA CHEDDARUP>> https://2020-apsap-fall-fee.cheddarup.com
3. SUBMIT A CURRENT SPORTS PHYSICAL TO TOM CLEMONS>>https://anchorageschool.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/sports-physical.pdf
During this time that we are not able to offer in-person instruction for our students, we are pleased to be able to offer some opportunity for them to join in small groups to combat the social isolation they may be feeling. The outdoor activities will allow participating students to begin becoming accustomed to the masking and social-distancing guidelines they will be adhering to indoors, when in-person instruction resumes.
- To determine the status of your child’s sports physical, log onto Infinite Campus to find the expiration date of the physical on file at the school (IC>More>Sports Physical). A current physical must be on file prior to your child participating in an APSAP practice or game. If your child’s physical expires mid-season, the athlete will have to stop participation on the expiration date until an updated physical is provided to the school.
- This year it is mandatory that parents/guardians of each family volunteer for at least three (3) team support tasks per student participant. These volunteer opportunities range from assisting with checking students into practice following the current health guidelines to working the admission table at contests. Those that would like to opt out of the volunteer requirement may visit the following CheddarUp link to pay an opt- out fee: https://my.cheddarup.com/c/2020-fall-apsapvolunteerfee. The school will use the opt-out proceeds to hire individuals to fill the vacant spots.
- Full details on the APSAP COVID-19 Protocol for Sports will be provided to families prior to the first practice by your coach. Students enrolled in the At-Home Learning Model are eligible to participate in outdoor fall sport opportunities under the same attendance, grade and COVID-19 restrictions that apply to students enrolled in the In-School Learning Model. Attendance for “At-Home Learning Model” students will be determined by completion of their daily assigned lessons.
- If the fall season would need to be cancelled at some point, prorated fees will be returned to parents.