Anchorage School Summer Reading Program 2019
We are pleased to offer an Anchorage School Summer Reading Program once again. This year, we would like to focus on three specific areas:
- reading all summer long
- helping out others each day
- investigating the Louisville Free Public Library collection and their Summer Reading Program
With this in mind, Anchorage School’s Summer Reading Program is offered to our 2019-2020 Anchorage students. Summer Reading logs should be turned in to their teachers on the first day of school in August. Here are the details:
- The reading logs must be completed during the summer then returned to their homeroom teachers on the first day of school in August.
- Students are encouraged to use any of the Louisville Free Public Library branches for reading material and also to participate in its summer reading program. There are also a number of reward programs offered by local bookstores that are fun and do not require book purchases.
- Please visit American Library Association (ALA) ala.org and search “children’s book lists” to discover a multitude of diverse book suggestions which should keep all our students excited about reading.
- Encourage your children to read non-fiction, informational titles too. Magazines often offer great informational reading selection.
- Get creative and guide your children into writing their own book from the activities that they participate in during their summer vacation days.
- Most of all have fun exploring a variety of literary opportunities as a family this summer!
1st Grade Reading Log
2nd Grade Reading Assignment
6th Grade Reading and Questions
6th Grade Bookmark
7th and 8th Grades: